Thursday, December 13, 2012

Using my Chest Pack

The chest pack has become my new favorite piece of fishing equipment.  Filling the vest has become part of my normal checklist.  Now instead of wondering if I have what I need.  Once I packed the initial necessities into the pack, I had room for all kinds of fun extras.  The pack is made for fly fishing and will be hugely successful when I start chasing fish with the long rod, but right now I have it filled with plugs and top water lures.


This is the stuff that I have my pack currently.  I had so much room left over after putting the initial round-up in it.  That I had to go buy some soft plastics, darn.  The pocket that has an insert for flies is removable, I'm assuming this so you can have your best lures ready to go.  I removed the foam insert and used that pocket to store all my plastics.



The pockets have so much room in them it's amazing.  I can organize everything and make sense of where everything is.  I am so grateful to finally have something like this.


After organizing the soft plastics I moved my lure-box and improvised lure box into the next pocket.  I was able to stuff an over-sized fly box into the middle pocket with no struggle.  The pocket has a pretty cool hinge on it too.  It allows me to open the pocket and create a small work table.  It's the coolest thing.  


The back flap has room for my hemo's, a bottle of water, some sunscreen and whatever else I want to stuff in there.  It organizes my crap and gives everything a nice, neat home.  



The little retractable clip is a great place to snap on a pair of clippers or your hemo's.  It depends on the day your having, if your switching lures a lot or if your popping fish off the line.  The clip will have more uses than non-uses.



The very front pocket, which was originally designed as a tippet control system, has a new use for chucking heavy metal.  I use it store my heavy tippet and my scent.  I always hated keeping that scent anywhere near my nose, now I have it way out in front of me away from my sniffer.  I just feed a small piece of leader through the zipper and I never have to open the flap.  


Thank you Dave.  Thank you making my fishing experience that much better.  I am looking forward to paying it forward.  My Fishpond Chest Pack is an awesome addition to my fishing paraphernalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment