Thursday, October 25, 2012

Family time


I just got off the phone with my nephew.  His voice went up an octave because he is so excited about going fishing this weekend. His voice went up even higher when he asked if I could please take him saltwater fishing?  Pretty sure that I created a monster.  I told him it was up to his Dad and sister and not just him on where we go, but I might get him up early on Sunday to show him one of my honey-holes in Naples.  It depends on the tides and what happens on Saturday.




He is a cute little 9 year old and has more questions than I have answers.  He also has the attention span of a Lab.  Bored out of his mind until something interests him, then he's off like a shot!  It's amusing to me and one of the main reasons I enjoy putting him on the fish.  His old man however, I don't think he has the fever. We have never been fishing by ourselves, it is always him with one of the kids in tow.  He says feels like an inconvenience because I'm always doing the work; baiting, landing, de-hooking, releasing, re-baiting, casting, unsnagging, fielding-a-zillion-questions.  It's not something I mind doing, I don't think he gets that yet though.  All that running around, is fun for me.  If everyone is enjoying themselves, then I am doing my job as the facilitator of fun.

Jon wants to learn how to do everything, but it's not something you learn overnight, besides we only get together twice a year.  This year though we have broken the norm and have actually gotten together 4 times and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Who knows, maybe 2013 will have more family time in it than all the other years combined? 


No comments:

Post a Comment