Monday, October 29, 2012

KOA Camping Kabins are the best

So the family is going to bunk together under one roof?  I'm not real sure about the whole idea, but I figure that's why there's alcohol and Ambien.  All that keeps running through my mind is the Griswald's and American Horror Story.  I've taken the girlfriend camping now for years, she's become like a machine when we get to the campground.  She knows her duties and knocks them out super quick, all while swilling Mic Ultra and making up funny stories about our neighbors.  She's the only one in her family that camps, which is why I think she wants to bring them to the Titusville KOA



The cabin has two rooms, a full kitchen, and a half bath.  I'm bringing along the tent and air-mattress just in case.  I know myself and the quiet I am looking for when I camp.  If there is a bit too much "togetherness" in the cabin, I'll simply sleep where I am most comfortable; under the stars.  Jon snores so loud I think he needs one of those sleep-apnea-machines.  He reminds me of the old guys at deer camp after they drank too much, except he doesn't drink.  

The bunk-beds for the kids should be great.  I'm not sure if they ever slept in bunk-beds before?  The tree beds are a ton of fun, as well as the Fred & Wilma table and chairs.  I call the cabin furniture, "Fred Flintstone Furniture", because it's made out of tree limbs and big-clunky planks. The door, made of heavy tongue and groove planks, has usually gouged a half arc into the wood floor.  The whole cabin is made from tongue and groove cedar, which gives it a warm feel.  The weathered porch-swing usually completes the cabin feel.

The last KOA I stayed at was in St. Augustine.  The place was near the beach and on its own small lake.  The water came right up the deck offering some great views at night.  I took some great time lapse and open aperture photos that I think capture the tranquility of a KOA, more than the day time photos.  




The Titusville KOA is only a short 10 minutes from the famed Mosquito Lagoon.  The lagoon is an incredible fishery year around, but in November it is in its prime.  Schools of Redfish migrate through the Lagoon after every falling high tide.  The Atlantic which is about 25 minutes from the cabin will be home to all kinds of migrating fish that time of year.  It will be an epic time to be on the east coast.  

With the Kennedy Space Center being so close as well as the Hollywood Boardwalk, I don't think there will be a shortage of things to tire everyone out.  I think we will all have the chance to feel like kids when we walk among the rockets and satellites. The boardwalk always brings the kid out of everyone too.  I think there will be good times to be had by all, but I'm still bringing the tent.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures you posted are breath taking! It looks so majestic and peaceful. I didn't realize that people actually camped in FL.. I am from waaaaay up north where camping was an every weekend kind of thing. After reading and seeing this I definitely need to look into it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Pennsylvania originally. We camped as well every weekend, or at least from Spring to fall. There are easily just as many unique places here to camp.

    There is beach camping at Ft. Desoto Park in St. Pete.

    KOA's litter the state and they all have cabins.

    Natural Springs are one of Florida's major tourist destinations and we have over 100 within 2 hours of Tampa.

    With the weather shifting and fall finally here, there is no reason to not camp out. The bugs are dying out, the temperatures have dropped at night. The rain is all over with at this point. Clear skies and clean air is waiting for you to go out and find them. If you need pointers on where to go, I am here to help. Florida has so much to offer, I love sharing it with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll simply sleep where I am most comfortable; under the stars. Jon snores so loud I think he needs one of those sleep-apnea-machines. He reminds me of the old guys at deer camp after they drank too much, except he doesn't drink.
    gel memory foam mattress review

    ReplyDelete